November 28, 2011

Charlie Brown's Christmas Tree Comes To Life!!!


For as long as I can remember, I've always loved the Peanuts gang, Charlie Brown and his friendly pet dog Snoopy. My mother always turned to the television show when I was little and it would keep my entertained for hours. I mean when it wasn't on I was talking the Peanuts gang. What's so funny about Charlie Brown and the Peanuts gang is that I reminded everyone of Charlie's best friend Linus because Linus would always walk around with a little blanket and that's how I was with this favorite comfortable green blanket I used to own. We were inseparable! Okay, I don't know where I'm going with that little tid bit of information but on to more exciting news about Charlie Brown...

Every year around the fall holiday, ABC Family loves to play Charlie Brown holiday movies or TV specials. My favorite of them all is A Charlie Brown's Christmas. Obviously because I love the Christmas holiday and I love just being a kid watching my favorite cartoon shows celebrate their Christmas holiday. It feels good to feel like a kid again, ball up into bed and just be entertained for and hour or two. In the TV special A Charlie Brown's Christmas, Snoopy and Charlie Brown want to celebrate the Christmas holiday big and joyful, but either of them have the money to buy a big Christmas tree or ornaments. The two of them together find small twig branches and create the most beautiful memorable Christmas tree there ever was. 

This weekend on Saturday, my family and I went to Home Depot to shop for our Christmas tree. To my surprise, there was a box down in the ornament aisle and on the box was a picture of Charlie Brown and his Christmas tree. Such a great collectors item I thought right? Well, not only that but I wanted to decorate my room for the holidays so why not start with a Christmas tree. My mom thought the idea was cute and she offered to buy it for me. I was the happiest 22 year old who went back to a kid again! That was the highlight of my entire weekend. I love Charlie Brown and his tree is a staple in all holiday cartoon specials. I mean this is HISTORY!!! Anyway, I brought the tree set it up and to my awe surprise, the tree actually plays the Peanuts theme song. Gosh! I love this tree, it's so small and you can basically put it anywhere and it would look like it belongs. Take a look...


How cute does it look? 

No comments:

Post a Comment