June 21, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Incredible Bleu Cheese Coleslaw


Who doesn't love a good coleslaw meal? I remember only eating them whenever I had KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken). I really don't know what was the juicy liquid in the coleslaw but I remember loving it. I actually don't know what coleslaw is lol, I think it's a whole bunch of lettuce, carrots and etc. All I know is that I was browsing  ex-Real Housewife of New York, Bethenny Frankel's website and I came across this delicious coleslaw recipe but with bleu cheese. Yummy, Yummy, Yummy! Bleu Cheese has got to be one of my favorite dressings on salad or pasta. I'm immediately going to try this once I get my hands on some lettuce and blue cheese lol. This is why I'm making today's Tasty Tuesday meal Bethenny Frankel's "Incredible Bleu Cheese Coleslaw". Have you ever had it before? 

  • 8 ounces of pre-packaged shredded coleslaw mix
  • ¼ cup cider vinegar
  • 1 Tablespoon and 1-½ teaspoons white sugar
  • ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ¼ cup low fat mayonnaise
  • ¼ cup low fat sour cream
  • ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
  • Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
  1. Place the coleslaw mix in a bowl. In a saucepan, mix the vinegar, sugar, and 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. When sugar has dissolved, pour over the slaw mix. Toss to coat, and let stand 15 minutes.
  2. Drain the slaw mix in a colander, and return to the bowl. Toss with mayonnaise, mustard, sour cream, and blue cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and chill at least 1 hour in the refrigerator before serving.
For The Recipe Link [Click Here] And Be Sure To Check Out Other Great Tasting Recipes From Bethenny Frankel!

No comments:

Post a Comment