May 19, 2011

The Cosby Show: A Shirt Story

Everyone remembers the family sitcom "The Cosby Show" right? Well, if you don't then you haven't lived until you watched an episode of the hilarious, and fun loving African-American family. Everyone wanted to have a family just like them. The show starred the funny respectable Bill Cosby (Cliff Huxtable), beauty legend Phylicia Rashad (Clair Huxtable), the adorable Keshia Knight Pulliam  (Rudy Huxtable), the eclectic Lisa Bonet (Denise Huxtable), mr. too cool for himself Malcolm-Jamal Warner (Theo Huxtable) and the charming Tempestt Bledsoe (Vanessa Huxtable). The show also had big incredible cast members along the way but the first season's episodes were the best. The show began in 1984, I wasn't even born yet and ended with their 8th season in 1992. I was only born in 1989, but with the re-runs that I watched I couldn't help but to become a Huxtable

A favorite episode of mine and my friend Ebony Russell is "A Shirt Story". This is the second episode to the first season where Theo goes on a double date with his friends and his date is the hottest girl in school; so trying to impress the girl Christine, Theo goes out and buys a $95 popular name brand apparel shirt. Cliff is outraged when he finds out that Theo has paid $95 for a simple shirt and demands Theo take the shirt back for an exchange shirt costing $30 or less. Meanwhile, Theo tells Denise about his catastrophe and she insists that she can sew an exact replica of the shirt. 

I'm not going to tell the whole episode you'll just have to watch and see for yourself how the story plays out. I will say this episode will have you laughing until tears come out of your eyes lol. Thanks To YouTube, luckily I've found the episode so I can share it with you. Take A look. For Parts 2&3 View after the jump. 

What Did You Think Of The Episode? Shall I Post More?

No comments:

Post a Comment