March 29, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Funnel Cake


Yummy! A friend actually inspired this Tasty Tuesday meal today. I really love the taste of Funnel Cakes, but I only thought you could eat them in the summer time at carnivals and boardwalks. How dumb was I? lol My friend called me and said she was in the mix of making Funnel Cake inside of her home. I was shocked and stunned when she told me the simple ingredients needed to make a good Funnel Cake. Knowing me, I'd probably make a Funnel Cake every week or probably twice a month =). Words cannot describe how good this sweet treat tastes like. You have to truly try it if you haven't! I found a quick 10-minute recipe from Food Network's own Paula Deen.

Ingredients

  • 2 cups milk
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) melted butter
  • Powdered sugar, for topping

Directions

Combine milk, egg, vanilla in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, and sugar and gradually add to wet ingredients. Beat with a mixer until a smooth batter forms. Fold in melted butter. Pour batter into a funnel or squeeze bottle while using your index finger to stop the flow of the batter. Bring the funnel over the hot oil and release your finger to start a stream of batter while moving the funnel in a circular motion to create spiral-like shapes. Fry for 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown and slightly puffed. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.

Thank You Paula Deen & Food Network For Sharing This Delightful Good Sinful Dessert Dish =) For The Link & More Recipes From Paula Deen & Food Network Channel You Can [Click Here]

No comments:

Post a Comment