May 22, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Cool Cucumber Salad


Call me whatever you want, but I never knew a salad could be considered a salad still without lettuce. Duh to me hence "Macaroni, Potato and Sea Food Salad"...don't judge me. On a serious note, I always thought a salad always contained lettuce. However, i'm not a big fan of lettuce. When I get a salad I'm usually eating everything else but the green leaves. I am a fan of cold cucumbers and thanks to friend in my head Bethenny Frankel former New York Housewife now turned reality tv entrepreneur she has shared her cucumber salad recipe. 
 The dish which she calls Cool Cucumber Salad includes all things cucumber with tasty juices to give it a punch. This meal is simple and easy to cook up. What I love most about this meal is that it's very light in calorie intake. Of course all of Bethenny's meals are light in health. I can't wait to try it; sounds so good. I will use my own dressing :-) Give me Bleu Cheese or Caesar dressing and I'm good. Enough of my babble, if you decide to re-master this dish, let me know how it came out.

Recipe Instructions

  • Prep time: 7 minutes
  • |
  • Cook time: 1 minute
  • |
  • Total time: 8 minutes
  • |
  • Servings: 1
  • medium cucumber
  • 1/4 cup(s) of apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tbsp. of chopped fresh dill, plus sprigs for garnish (or your favorite herb)
  • 1 tsp. of honey
  • 1 tsp. of lemon juice
  • 1 pinch of salt and pepper to taste
Steps
  1. Peel and thinly slice the cucumber. Put the slices in a bowl and set aside.
  2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the vinegar, dill, honey, and lemon juice. Pour over the cucumbers and toss to coat. Season with a little salt and pepper.
  3. Cover with a lid or plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to chill and incorporate the flavors. Enjoy the salad cold. Garnish with a few extra sprigs of fresh dill.
  Be sure to check out more of Bethenny's delicious meals over on her website at Bethenny. Tune in every Monday night to Bethenny Ever After on Bravo at 10pm!

No comments:

Post a Comment