August 16, 2010

The Great Blacks Wax Museum




Baltimore, Maryland

Yesterday, I had such a blast with my family & BFF. My grandmother came up from South Carolina, to visit us here in New Jersey, so why not spend the week with her taking her to fun filled places. First stop was Baltimore, Maryland. We visited "The Great Blacks In Wax Museum" which is a museum full of historical African-American figures who contributed to The United States of America and some who were pioneers. They also have a Slave Ship Exhibit & a Lynching Exhibit which was sad to walk through. This was my first time at the Museum, so I learned a lot from the experience. I used to believe African-American's didn't have it the worse back in the early decades around when slavery,racism, genocide, killings, and wars were around. After visiting the Museum my mind has changed forever. If you haven't been there, I believe you should visit. It's such a life riveting experience that African-American's should know about their ancestry life. I can share pictures with you, but for the rest of them you'd have to visit yourself like I did.
The Underground RailRoad "Harriet Tubman"

Freedom Sign
Racial Comics

Slave Ship
Slave Mask
Rosa Parks

Black & White Fountain

My Family 

Donations Given To The Museum By People

If you haven't been...What are you waiting for? Go! Take a road trip, life is all about the knowing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment