July 20, 2010

Tasty Tuesday: Curry Chicken Salad


So from now on, every Tuesday is going to be "Tasty Tuesday" where I'll either get good yummy recipes from different people or recipes I cooked up myself. Everything I post on "Tasty Tuesday" will be meals that I find interesting and I think you should try with me. Today's "Tasty Tuesday" meal comes from "Food Network"'s own Chef Paula Deen. It's her own Curry Chicken Salad. Looks yummy right? The reason why I choose this meal is because not everyone knows I'm a big fan of salads, but I truly hate lettuce. When I came across Paula's Curry Chicken Salad, I thought to myself this is something healthy has all the nutrients I need and overall less SALAD! So, if your a salad lover or trying to stay healthy without eating a lot of lettuce then I suggest you try Paula Deen's Curry Chicken Salad! Recipe Down Below:


Ingredients:

2 cup seedless red grapes halved
1   2-ounce package slivered almonds
1/2 cup chopped celery
1   8-ounce can sliced or chopped water chestnuts drained
1   large roasted chicken cut into 1-inch cubes
Dressing:
1-cup mayonnaise
1-tablespoon soy sauce
1-tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1 tablespoon prepared mango chutney
Salt

Directions

Gently combine the chicken, celery, water chestnuts, grapes, and almonds in a large glass bowl. Combine the dressing ingredients and mix well. Add to the chicken mixture and stir gently to combine. Season with salt, to taste.
Recipe Courtesy of Paula Deen
Servings: 6-8 servings
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time:
Difficulty: Easy

No comments:

Post a Comment