July 26, 2010

R.I.P Al-Fuquan Pamplin


At this time in my life, I am very shocked and stunned about what just occurred this past weekend. A friend of mine from middle school recently lost his life to the streets. I'm not going to explain what happened because I am not a news reporter and I want to write about his good life rather than the trauma of what happened to him. Up until now I have never had any one of my friends pass away. I'm pretty much still in shock and I refuse to believe it. Al-Fuquan and I were in the same class 7th & 8th grade at Myrtle Avenue Middle School. We weren't the best of buddies but we were friends, and my whole 2 years in the classroom with Al-Fuquan I would have to say he was very down to earth and an honest person.

From what I can remember about Al-Fuquan was that he always talked highly about Football and his favorite Football player of all time "Randy Moss" and he then was on the "Minnesota Vikings". Al-Fuquan enjoyed football and played with the guys during recess or after school. He never was one to get violent or bothered anyone, unless someone pushed his buttons, which was a rare occasion because Al-Fuquan was cool with everyone. I will always remember Al-Fuquan as a great friend and very funny. His jokes were funny and although I was often a target in my class, I have to admit some of the things I did and said were amusing. I'm not sure what happened the night Al-Fuquan passed away, but I'm pretty sure whatever happened, it shouldn't have happened to him. It's crazy how dangerous these streets are in neighborhoods, and how we shouldn't feel safe at all. I'm not happy about the incident, but I'm happy that God has called Al-Fuquan to meet him in Heaven to be safe from harm from this planet we call Earth and Home. R.I.P Al-Fuquan , Now You're A Guardian Angel To Your Family So You Can Now Protect Them From Harm.

"the good die young"

Sincerely LaTroy Watson,

1 comment:

  1. May his family be free of guilt, pain, regret, and anguish toward th following situation. He is in a better place now, celebrate his life, while trying not to cry over the sudden loss. May peace and blessings be spread through his whole family and the ones that loved him most.
    - Ms. Christmas

    ReplyDelete