January 21, 2013

Our Friend, Martin [Movie]


In honor of MLK Day, I came across one of my favorite Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. historical movies. I remember always watching the movie in January on his birthday or his day such as today and Black History Month. This was a film that perfectly told the story of Dr. King and his significance in the Civil Rights Movement in the 1960s. 

The movie is about an African-American boy who could care less about the importance of Dr. King's legacy and history, goes back in time where he comes face to face with segregation, the mal-treatment African-American's faced against racism, the unjust, the KKK (Klu Klux Klan) and the mal treatment between his friends. A very engaging cartoon movie that explains the Civil Rights Movement to young children much clearer. 

THANK GOD I found the movie on YouTube, now I can watch the movie back to back until I own the DVD so that I can show to my kids in the future; But for now I will show the film to my young nephews in hopes they understand the amazing brave story of Dr. King and understand how one man sacrificed his life everyday for a chance to become equal. The movie also features a star studded cast!!!

Watch With Me !!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment