November 30, 2010

Tasty Tuesday: Minted Fruit Salad


Okay everyone, I know you all had a great big Thanksgiving meal and so did I. I regret eating a lot of food these past few days including left overs. I sadly gained a few lbs than I should have laid off. You just have to love the holiday season lol. Holiday weight is what the pit of the year is. I have something that will get you all under control until Christmas & New Years grubbing. Just because the holidays are right after each other, that doesn't mean you can pig out until the new year. No, it simply means to get back into eating healthy and slimming down those few lbs you gained. Your best bet is to consume fruits and veggies, also add in some exercise.

Today's Tasty Tuesday meal is something light and fun, "Minted Fruit Salad". I've never posted a fruit salad before so i'm actually kind of ecstatic that I did. The Salad looks enticing, I've never tried a salad with a few mint leaves. I'm dying to know what it tastes like. I'm finally going the healthy route instead of searching for fries and some chicken tenders lol. The fruit salad meals comes from one of my favorite sources of recipes; The Food Network Channel. A simple easy meal to slice up and enjoy. Take a look after the jump to get the recipe. Enjoy, Bon' Appetite!

Ingredients

  • 10 cups assorted fresh fruit, such ascantaloupe, honeydew, papaya, pineapple, mango, strawberries, and seedless red grapes, cut into bite-size pieces
  • 1 lime, juiced (about 1/4 cup)
  • 2 tablespoons orange liqueur (recommended: Cointreau)
  • 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves

Directions

Place cut fruit in a large bowl. Mix lime juice and liqueur together and pour over fruit. Sprinkle with mint and toss well. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 1 day.
Recipe Link [CLICK HERE]
Thank You Food Network Channel! 

No comments:

Post a Comment